Solitary Meanderer

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Swimming Experience


We all love rain and probably many of us really enjoy getting all drenched in it, which in itself is a pleasure....isn't it? And I think I am one of those who can enjoy rain even inside a swimming pool :) Almost two summers ago on a beautiful morning, when I came home after a swimming session I was in such a jolly mood that the first thing I did was to pen the following lines....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water-water everywhere,but
I am not a novice player.
The sky was shuddering,the clouds were roaring,
and amidst the threatening waters,
there I was swimming.

Trying to keep up my balance,
mustering every ounce of courage to stay cool,
All of a sudden,a bolt of lightening struck,
and I found myself thrown to the bottom of the pool.

Amazement,and not dread of death,gripped me
for what I witnessed is beyond explanation,
the spectre was breath-taking,
because not some astray lover,but
a ray of light was serenading.

Millions of raindrops came crashing down,
hammering the surface with their sheer fury,
a fierce battle was raging on,
as to which raindrop would conquer the territory.

But,beneath the surface,an altogether different game was going on,
Disappearing raindrops and rays of light were busy,
playing hide and seek,
simultaneously flirting with each other,
finally when i came to the surface all alive,
the atmosphere was as serene as if nothing had happened there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed swimming with me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Ankur Shanker, and included in the Solitary Meanderer weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.