Solitary Meanderer

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Narrow & Bottom-less Mindedness!

I have never been so much angered by someone as I was just a few minutes ago that I wished if he was in front of me that very minute, I would have slapped him hard even if he happened to be the CEO of the company I worked for!

I whole-heartedly agree with the fact that basically we all are selfish to the core. I also agree that most of the times we do not only have to put up with so many pretensions but also put on some airs of our own in order to survive efficiently and hence to grow without any hindrance. But what is of relevance here is one should always make sure that his/her growth should not impede others’ growth or rather be instrumental in the decline of others’ prosperity. I detest those people who’ll be all smiles in front you but they’ll be working hard overnight just to make sure that you go nowhere. They are the egotistical fools who despite being millionaires themselves just can’t accept the fact that someone low in the society, who has had the ill-fate to ever come in contact with them, is able to do good for himself/herself. I just don’t and can’t understand the simple fact that why can’t people be just concerned about their very own affairs? Why these perverted and debauched people, unworthy and unfit to remain in the society, are ever ready to jeopardize others’ careers and lives too, and at the first available opportunity despite having been abundantly aware of the reality that the person, whose life they are trying to put in hazard, was never and hopefully will never be in a position to influence them or their ways in any significant manner? The word ‘significant’ is just a farce; the reality is that that person can’t affect them or their ways. Moreover, why should he? Because, if he does that he would also be a party to the same gang. Frankly speaking, in my view one should always be concerned about his own affairs only. He should definitely work hard and smartly towards His success or realizing His goals but definitely not at the cost of trampling other people’s (read friends, co-workers, employees or relatives) careers. In my 24 years of existence, one of the things I have learnt is that you might get temporary relief/satisfaction, say monetarily or egotistically, by doing things which were outright immoral or unjustified in the terms of giving undue agony or monetary loss to the other person, which in all probability could and would have been avoided only if you had wanted to in the first place; but you cannot escape reality. For, everyone is fooled by randomness and so are you. As they say, life does come around!

“Ankur if you don’t respond to me I will have your job at [my would-be company] taken away as well”, now what can you expect from a person who sends this message on your IM. Well, I think not much! :o)

This person heads the same company I talked about in my last post, Anatomy of a Small Company and a few posts before that in 6 Golden Rules at Your Workplace.

Au revoir

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like u more..

:)

My suggestion - let it be and move on.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey !! dude ...shall i mail u FLAMEMAIL...i may get a promotion tht way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Ankur Shanker, and included in the Solitary Meanderer weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.