Solitary Meanderer

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Vroom @ 110 Kmph

Sundays are always meant for rest and that is what I did most today. I got up at 10:30 in the morning or was it still morning :) I dont know why but since morning I am feeling good and I am happy. Again, I dont have a particular reason to be happy about but then I don't even need one! Revel in your happiness as long as it is there.

And the story continues. Till lunch, I played my favorite game NFS. After lunch, I again went for a long slumber. This sleep is also a very funny habit. The more you sleep the more you feel that you haven't slept enough and to make up for the loss, you go for another round of siesta. And when you really don't sleep enough, even then you feel the same way. So, why cut on your precious sleeping time? Atleast this way you wont feel guilty of scissoring your natural sleeping hours :)

I got up around 6 in the evening and took a shower - another of those Sunday luxuries i.e. taking bath so late. Now if asked, what is that one activity I hate doing but eventually I have to do it? - unhesitatingly I would say - to shave my beard!! So, I have decided to altogether stop shaving my beard i.e. from today I will go to a barber's shop and get it done there. And today was the inaugural day for this new development. I got over with the 'shaving' business around 7 and then went for a drive - another one of my few modes to relax, as you would already know by now if you have been following this blog :)

I came home around 7:40. Had my dinner. And then a friend called up and asked me to accompany him for a walk. I dont know why but I asked him to get his bike's key along. It would seem weird but honestly I have never liked riding a bike. Instead, I love to be the pillion rider. We had no plans to go afar but then we went all the way to NFC. On the way, he rode his bike @ 110 Kmph and that is a feat for his 125 cc bike. If there was one person who was really enjoying the ride, for there were only two of us, it was certainly me. Winter has almost arrived here and the chilly winds just made the ride worth while. On top of that, I wasn't even wearing a helmet. Sheer madness! Once in NFC, we went to this pub, Pebble Street. Till the moment I entered the pub, I had made up my mind that I was not going to have any liquor as I was just not in the mood. But once inside, I ordered my favorite cocktail, Bloody Mary. I often wonder about the origin of this peculiar name for this drink. We stayed there for an hour. The return journey was again a joyride for me and this time the winds were even chiller, so all the more fun. Spare a thought for my friend who was riding the bike in those biting winds :)

I would say today was the perfect Sunday. Loads of rest with great fun. I wish everyday of our lives be spent as if it were a Sunday.

Au Revoir

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is impossible to ride a 125 cc bike at 110 kmph with a pillion rider. The speedometer must be going fault.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Ankur Shanker, and included in the Solitary Meanderer weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.