Solitary Meanderer

Friday, December 09, 2005

First Time

Everything and anything that we do is tagged 'first time' at some point in our lives.

I always used to think that how could anyone have a booze, in a pub, without some company. Well, I myself broke that dogma tonight. This week I have night shift in my office. Normally, one is supposed to reach the office by 8 in the night. As I was about to reach the office, a thought flashed through and what a figment of my imagination that was!! Why can't I go to a pub alone? And for the next five minutes, I kept dilly-dallying with that fancy notion of going there. And!! At the end of those five historic minutes, I was all prepared to pay a visit to 'Pebble Street'. Primarily, going there and having a cocktail or two was not at all enticing to me but going there and sipping a cocktail, all alone, was just too inviting.

Bingo!! and there I went. I made myself comfortable on a typically high pub stool near the bar and facing the entire lounge. I ordered a Kamikaze, which is a cocktail and some exotic sounding icecream. Now, when it comes to having a booze I am very particular. I don't take beer. Neither do I like neat vodka or for that matter whisky. But, I do like cocktails. Apparently, I take cocktails only. The good part is that they indeed taste good unlike usual liquors and they make your head go round in just the right amount..neither too high nor too low and you are always conscious of your surroundings and in complete control of yourself. The bad part is that they are priced unusually high. As a matter of fact, they should be cheaper than the usual drinks. After all, they are just a potpourri of several different spirits, most of which is lime juice or some soft drink!!

Normally, the happy hours end at 8 in the night. I had ordered my drink at 8:15. Even then, the steward was kind enough to ask for the complimentary drink. Bingo! so, I ended up having two glassfuls of Kamikaze. I must have sat there for an hour and after spending Rs 450, did I enjoy? Yes, I certainly did!! Though a company of a friend or two would have made it all the more enjoyable. Anyways, I left the pub at around 9 and dashed straight to the office.

Au revoir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Ankur Shanker, and included in the Solitary Meanderer weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.